Siesta Fiesta Video

Friday, September 19, 2008

Stepping Up

You know how when God is wanting to zero into an area, He manages to send several confirmations of what He is trying to teach you? By that, I mean have you ever found that the messages preached, and the songs sung, and the conversations that you have, and the lessons being taught during weekly bible study all converge to a singular theme in those seasons? Man oh man!

About six weeks prior to the "Siesta Fiesta" in San Antonio, the Lord really started talking to me about walking closer to Him. Then, the message at the Fiesta was so explicit, that my friend Carolyn leaned over and asked me if I wanted to go on up there on stage so Beth could finish relaying God's Word to me so directly. There were several things that were talked about that I had been praying about. But, one of the things that I was struggling with was how do I get closer? How do I put Him totally first? Well, there were several answers that weekend! Afterwards, He continued to talk to me through my devotions, through songs on the radio, through conversations.

We started the Bible Study "Stepping Up" on Wednesday. I knew the general direction that this study was going to take after watching the Introductory Video Session. Today, I started my first day of homework. Can you say WHOA! That let me know right then and there that this entire study is going to be about developing a habit of walking so close that you feel Him breathe every time you breathe. The only way up to a closer relationship is to humble yourself completely. It also let me know that God is very serious.

Word of God speak! I want to know You more! I want to love You more! Please help me to walk in Your ways! Please help me not to be lukewarm and stale!

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Terri,
Oh how I enjoyed reading your blog. You have a gift for writing! Also glad you got some snuggle time with that precious little one. And yes and amen, Word of God speak. I'm right with you wanting to know Him more, love Him more. Hang in there in His grip!
Love you,
Dianne

Bookncoffee said...

Beth Moore and Kay Arthur have really changed my life. Made me see things about having a personal relationship with God that I never had thought of before. The homework is something isn't it. You sure are close to God when you get through. I would love this course! I am going to subscribe to your blog, Terri via "MyAol". I may not be here but every now and then but I will certainly come back and I'm so happy we are able to connect and wish we had done this years ago! lol Glad to find a friend as PC Geeky as me! lol

Karen said...

Terri,

I just found your blog, and I'm so excited! It is amazing when God keeps sending the same message in so many different ways to you!

How great to get to spend one-on-one time with your youngest. My youngest is now 13, but I still enjoy getting to do things with just him!

Karen (from Hartselle)