Siesta Fiesta Video

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our Keeper, Protector and Guard

As I have mentioned before, we are working through the Beth Moore study "Stepping Up". Tonight's discussion centered around Psalm 121 from the HCSB version:

1 I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from?

2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber.

4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.

5 The LORD protects you; the LORD is a shelter right by your side.

6 The sun will not strike you by day, or the moon by night.

7 The LORD will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life.

8 The LORD will protect your coming and going both now and forever.


There were so many things that spoke to me, but here are a few.


I didn't know that there was a difference between slumber and sleep, did you? We discovered tonight that when you slumber, you nod off. I never knew that. So, in verse 4 when it says that He doesn't slumber or sleep... that means he doesn't nod off... or outright fall asleep. He is watching, waiting and protecting all of the time.

Some of the truths written by Beth I thought were very profound and it just plain did my heart good to read and to hear brought out again.

"We will never go anywhere God has abandoned precisely because He will never abandon us." Praise God!

"God is caretaker of you and of me. He tends to us. Watches over us. He has never entrusted that job to anyone else. At no time does God abdicate your guardianship to an angel alone, regardless of how mighty." Hallelujah!

(me talking) One of my most favorite Psalms is number 91. It talks about how He will cover us with His feathers and under His wings we will find refuge. Do you know what is under His wings? His heart. Therefore, we find refuge and shelter in His "arms" next to His heart! That almost makes me want to get up and shout! Amen?

(one last thing from Beth) "The Lord lets no harm befall us in the world where the truest threats lie...... But when our eyes are truly opened and we see all the ways hell rose against us, the devil wanted us, and God hid us in the shodow of His wings, we will drop on our knees and worship the Maker of heaven and earth" Amen. and Amen.

2 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

This was good to read tonight.

A-men?
(A little Beth Moore talk there)

betty said...

hi; just found your blog; I did Beth Moore's study on the Fruit of the Spirit;that was an awesome one; Psalm 91 is one of my favorite psalms; (I love the book of psalms)

I like your blog; I'll be back

betty